Dear RPL Clientele, Apprenticeship Students, Employer Partners, Our Trainer & Assessor Networks
In light of the global developments with COVID-19, based on guidance from the Australian Government Department of Health and other government bodies, we would like to advise of the direction which Everthought Education is taking in relation to the current impact of Coronavirus in Australia. The risk to individuals here in Australia remains low.
The safety and wellbeing of all our students, partners, employees, and guests is of paramount importance and remains our top priority. Everthought Education is closely monitoring the situation, taking direction and guidance from the Australian Government Department of Health should the situation change.
In relation to Health and Safety
In response to the Coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols at all our Everthought Education campuses even more rigorous:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including classrooms, door handles, public bathrooms etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
At Everthought Education, we are also undertaking precautions as recommended to the wider community to ensure a safe environment for all our students. This includes, but is not limited to the following precautions:
- If you are displaying any flu like symptoms, we request that you do not attend classes at any campus and advise the college of your symptoms.
- Reminding all students, staff and guests they must not attend if they have been to a country considered at higher risk of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Global regions currently identified as higher risk for COVID-19 include Mainland China, Iran, Italy and Korea.
- If you have left, or transited through mainland China, Iran, Korea or Italy in the last 14 days, we ask that you do not attend an Everthought Education campus for 14 days from the date of travel.
- If you entered Australia from any location from 15th March 2020 you must following the self-isolation requirements as directed by the Australian Government and we ask that you do not attend an Everthought Education campus for 14 days from the date of travel.
- If you have been in close contact with a proven case of coronavirus, we ask that you do not attend an Everthought Education campus for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
- We are introducing a no handshake policy to support the continued health and wellbeing of all our students and teaching staff.
In relation to Training and Delivery
Students undertaking a Recognition of Prior Learning Assessment and.or Gap Training in any state of Australia:
- There are no expected impacts for you. We will advise you if the Coronavirus impacts operations in any way that impacts the delivery of your assessment services or training, at this stage there are none expected.
Students or their Employers undertaking Apprenticeships Training in QLD or WA:
- Students in QLD – there are no expected impacts for you at this point. Given our on-site delivery model, our Trainers and Assessors if they remain virus-free, will continue to be able to work with you and your employer to complete your training as normal.
- Students in WA – we may need to change your upcoming block training dates temporarily. Our Training Manager, Fergal McHugh in WA, your Trainer or Student Services will contact you soon to discuss alternative options to progress your training.
The Department of Health has set up a hotline for anyone who suspects they may have been infected with COVID-19. If you believe that you may be infected, please seek urgent medical assistance or call: 1800 675 398.
If you are unsure about any information provided above, please call us on 1300 656 498.
We will continue to monitor any changes in guidelines issued by the CDC and/or local public health authorities. In the meantime, we are open for business and as always, are here to support you.
We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support and flexibility where required during this time.
Chief Executive Officer
EdventureCo (parent company of Everthought College of Construction and Everthought Education)
Useful COVID-19 Information Links: